Outfit: That's My Jam


When I was younger my family would often go strawberry picking in the summer. We'd bring home so many strawberries that sometimes it felt like berries became your main diet; strawberries for breakfast, strawberries with your lunch, strawberries with ice cream as your dessert after dinner. I'm not complaining, I still like to overindulge in fresh fruit in the summer. Even with the amount we were consuming we couldn't get through the strawberries a family of five could pick before some started to rot so my mother would take a large portion and make homemade jam. Later she'd add little cloth circles to the lids and tie with ribbons and they'd often be our back-to-school presents for teachers and bus drivers when summer was over. The point of this walk down memory lane is, Book of Deer's jam dress is a lovely, nostalgic piece for me. Our jars looked very similar to those in Eilidh's illustration print (although hers are technically raspberry jams!) and wearing this dress takes me to sticky, summer days with my family enjoying the fruits of our labor.



CONVERSATION

Back
to top